Can you connect these branches to the tree?
Any help you can provide is solving these mysteries would be greatly appreciated.
Please email me!
Hatters from St. Louis
- C. A. Chadeayne shows up in the 1857-1858 Geneva, NY directory. Occupation? Hatter!
- According to marriage records in Kentucky (1851-1900) - Family History Library, Salt Lake City, UT
microfilm number : 0343995 - 0343996, C. A. Chadeayne (male) married America W. Fleming on 22 Oct. 1879 in Greenup County, KY.
- Charles A. Chadeayne, according to FamilySearch.com, married Mary F. Campbell in St, Louis, MO on June 12, 1884.
- Charles A. Chadeayne also married Mary Davidson (a minor) on March 1, 1898 in St. Louis.
- Charles Alfred Chadeayne is another cousin who can't be connected to the family tree.
- George Edgar Chadeayne is listed in the Manistee County, MI death records - Film # 945505 Vol. 4 pg. 213.
- George Chadeayne received a Civil War bounty in 1862 in Cayuga County, NY.
Chadeayne as a first name
- An Italian art web site lists George D. Chadeayne and Albert Chadayne in their database.
- Marie Chadene who married Jean Hay is listed with a nice line of descendants at www.geneaweb.org/motard.
- The Honolulu Advisor states that Chadayne Pearl Ka U'iho'opomaika'i Woolsey was born 5 July 2002 to Alicia U'iho'opomaika'i Carrick and Dana Xavier Keawe Woolsey of Waimanalo (a residential community to the north of Honolulu).
- Mr. and Mrs. E. Chadeayne are buried in New York City Marble Cemetery in vault 71 along with Charles Miles, Jane (Chadeayne) Miles, and their neice, Alice Brown.
- John Chadeayne b. Abt.1818 is listed in the 1856 Harrison County Iowa State Census. Could this be this John? Does the Iowa Graves Survey have is brother Charles?
- John Chadeayne b. 27 July 1884, New York, NY was baptised a member of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Bigler's Grove, IA) on 6 June 1863 and ordained an elder on 13 Sept 1863. web site
- Leah Ann Chadeayne b.2 Oct 1823, TN married 1859 John Chadeayne (above) and was a member of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Bigler's Grove, IA) 16 Aug 1863. She died 17 Oct 1897 in Walker's Grove, IA and is buried in Silver Hill Cemetery. Her church membership moves from Biglers Grove to Magnolia, IA in 1876, Willow Valley, IA in 1887, and Woodbine, IA in 1893.
- Mary E. L. Chadeayne was blessed in the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Bigler's Grove, IA) in 1863. A daughter of John and Leah?
- How 'bout Jos. Chadeyne,born abt. 1814 in Ireland, living in NY with wife Mary, and son Christopher? This per Bev Cameron.
- Francois Chadenne has provided his ancestry showing many generations of the Chadenne familiy living in Marennes, France - the very place Jean Chadeayne came from. There must be a connection, but we've been unable to find it.
- Mrs. Mary Chadeayne d. 6/13/1914-71 YRS - Memphis and Shelby County Death Certificates (1902 - 1939). Certificate indicates birth in Ohio and removal/burial in Cincinnati. Is this Mary Campbell who married Charles?
- J. Chadeayne, 7604 W 86th St., Shawnee Mission, KS, 913-649-3307 (913-599-1891)
- Lewis Chadeayne - 1780 Newark, NJ Census
- Judy Lockhart (email@example.com) indicates that John Nicholson, b. 1725 Chesterton, MD m. 1749 Rachael Chadeayne, daughter of George Chadine. They were in Ulster Co., NY in 1760.
- New York Marriages Previous to 1784 lists Margaret Chadeyn to John Wessells on 11/8/1760.
- The Social Security Death Index has:
- Loretta Chadeayne b. 27 Jun 1891, d. Oct 1969 Ossining, NY
- Kathleen Chadeayne b. 12 May 1914, d. Oct 1972. Issued in Illinois
- KnowX.com lists:
- William C Chadeayne living in CA
- Thomas R Chadeayne living in Denver, CO
- KnowX.com lists:
- Chadeayne A. & Nancy S. Sims living in CA
- Chadeayne A Sims, Jr. living in Frisco, TX
- Chadeayne Sims b. 24 July 1909 d. 6 May 1992 SSN 511-09-4484 Issued Kansas before 1951)
- Chadeayne has a post at an investment newsletter
- SHARON CHADEAYNE MUS b.1959 d. 1959 is buried in Red Lodge, MT. It seems that the Mus family fairly large in Red Lodge. Buried there, besides Sharon, are:
- Cristina Doreen b. 1952 d.1987
- Christopher b. 1951 d. 1951
- Earl b. 19 Nov 1891 Texas d. 27 Feb 1943. He married Icma Maria Henderson in Red Lodge in 1923. Earl is the son of John Mus and Domica Sacconia.
- Frederic William b. 24 Dec 1925 Red Lodge MT d. 12 Mar 1926
- Wanda Doreen b. 9 Feb 1930 Red Lodge MT d. 10 Apr 1945
- Lorette E. (McClellan) b. 1920 d. 1986. She is the wife of Earl Vincent Mus.
- Peter Vincent b. 15 Sep 1953 Billings MT d. 13 Mar 1985. He is the son of Earl Vincent Mus and Lorette McClellan
- Maria Ann b. 1960 d. 1960
- Mary E. b. 1897 d. 1960
- Thomas Liberto b. 14 Sep 1883 France d. 1946. He married Maria Cath
- From Janet Jehn's book "Acadian Exiles in the Colonies":
Page 271 heading "Extracts of the Civil State of Guyana, concerning the inhabitants of Louisbourg, Refugees in France and then sent to this Colony in 1762-1763".
Page 272 Blank
Page 273 heading "Archives of the Colonies Series G" "Civil State of Cayenne, Parish of Saint-Saviour" "I. Volume containing the years 1762 to 1765 Inclusive"
Page 277 top paragraph:
1765 9 September:
Marriage of Pierre CHADENNE, candle-maker, age twenty-seven years, native of Marennes in Xaintonge, son of Pierre and Elisabeth LAMBERT, his father and mother, and Ursule BARIOL (BARIAULT), Acadienne, daughter of Jacques, sailor, and of Marie TURPIN, her father and mother, age eighteen years.
- How about Bryant Chadeayne Bartlett at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lane/4769/notes.html
Records from the church in Marennes, France
This keeps me up at night because it differs from the records my father had.
- John N. Chadeayne is also listed as a hatter in the 1890 St Louis directory.
- John is also listed at FamilySearch.com: b.1856, St. Louis MO, m. 1888 Augusta L. Mueller b. 22 Feb 1860, St. Louis, MO, d. 17 Jan 1934. Augusta is the daughter of John Frederick Mueller and Anna Maria Laudwehr.
- George E. Chadeayne b. Feb 1854 m. Josephine. He is also listed as a hatter in the 1890 St. Louis directory. . He was the ancestor of a long line of Chadeaynes, but, having interviewed as many as possible, we are unable to identify his parents.
- The Social Security Death Index has:
- Chadeayne Toussaint, who has a message posted at cars.com. Chadeayne (Appleton) Roush has confessed to using this name online and with her photgraphy.
- Sarah E. Chadeayne is listed in the Brule Co. SD land records dated 1890.
- George Chadeayne has a roller coaster patent!
- Kentucky marriage records include Theodra N Chadeayne who married Gary J Jones on 6 Apr 1990. Theodra is the first wife of Robert J. Chadeayne now living in Ca.
- Miss Chadeayne is an elementary school teacher in Bonita, CA. according to the schools web site. Amy Chadeayne recognized her sister, Michelle.
- David T Chadeayne b. 15 Oct 1842 is listed as a delegate from CT in the Participants at the 1886 Encampment of the Grand Army of the Republic. This is actually David Franklin Chadeayne identified by his granddaughter, Beverly (Chadeayne) Cameron.
- California birth records list:
- Ann Ferrar in her book, Hear Me Roar - Women, Motorcycles, and the Rapture of the Road,, says that long distance touring started as early as 1906 by W.C. Chadeayne who rode coast-to-coast on a motorcycle when roads as we know them were non-existent. Ferrar also relates how the earliest touring pioneers were women. It would seem that William Coe Chadeayne got credit for being a woman!
- Hannah Chadeayne Appel is listed as a 2000 graduate from the Department of Anthropology at Yale University. In her correspondence she stated that she was named after Deayne Chadeayne, a family friend who runs a ranch in Montana. This turns out to be Chadeayne (Appleton) Roush
- Early history for the law firm of Bricker & Eckler mentions Bill Chadeayne.
- Richard S. Tolley is a son of Courtney Tolley and Margaret Stevens
- Chadyeane Gooding of Smyma, GA and Chadyeane Olson of Decatur, IL were named based upon a character in a novel. I wonder what novel! No relation.
- K. Chadeayne, Tracy, CA, 209-835-2607. This is Doloris King Chadeayne, wife of John Kingsley Chadeayne. He used his middle name.
- Linda Koch (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the gg-grandaughter of Julia Chadeayne.
- Henry Chadeayne m.8/8/1639 Marie Renaud
- Antoine Chadeayne b. 03/01/1638
- Jeanne Chadeayne b. 01/15/1640
m.12/05/1660 Jean Duran
- Marie Duran b.03/11/1669
- Anne Duran b.09/01/1670
- Jean Chadeayne b. 04/12/1642
m.(1) 03/07/1666 Elizabeth Herue,
m.(2) 04/20/1670 Marie Boucherie
- Pierre Chadeayne b.02/25/1671
- Marie Chadeayne b.08/24/1672
m. 07/17/1693 Josue Mersereau
- Jean Chadeayne b.08/26/1674
- Marie Chadeayne b.03/22/1676
- Henry Chadeayne b.01/27/1678
- Elizabeth Chadeayne b. 02/05/1644
m. 07/20/1664 Pierre Gourdon
- Henry Gourdon b.02/12/1668
- Jean Gourdon b.01/21/1669
- Marie Gourdon b.02/12/1670
- Jeane Chadeayne b. 10/02/1645
- David Chadeayne b. 02/03/1648
- Suzanne Chadeayne b. ??/??/1651
m.05/28/1671 Paul Conte
- Jacques Chadeayne m. 02/28/1639 Marie Thommain